Fixing the aged care crisis
Peta Murphy MP and Labor will stop the neglect and put security, dignity, quality and humanity back into aged care for older Australians.
Our plan will put nurses back into nursing homes, giving carers more time to care. It will lift wages in the sector, deliver better care and improve transparency and accountability.
Our detailed five-point plan will:
- Require a registered nurse on site 24/7 in residential care
- Give carers more time to care through an increase to 215 minutes of direct care a day
- Formally support a pay rise for aged care workers
- Require better food for residents
- Require more transparency in the system so we know taxpayers’ money is going on care